BOND 2017 OVERVIEW
The bond package provides for remodeling and additions to John Tyler High School & Robert E. Lee High School. Approximately 5,000 students will be in new or renovated spaces. Major components for BOTH schools will be:
- Safety and security upgrades to include single point of entry for visitor access;
- 2,750 student capacity single building structure (renovate existing building with addition of new learning areas) with new facade & centrally located administrative areas;
- New & renovated interactive spaces to include classsrooms, laboratories & collaboration areas;
- Revised drive & parking areas to address traffic flow;
- Meets or exceeds all ADA, TEA & UIL requirements for academic, fine arts & athletic activities.
Bond money may be used for:
- Schools and Facilities
- Expansion & renovation of existing facilities
- Buses and other support vehicles
- Land for future schools & facilities
Bond money may not be used to fund daily operating costs, i.e., teacher salaries, utilities, fuel, etc.